Billing & Payments
Concerned about your cancer insurance policy or paying for your treatment?
We have a specialist for that, too.
At 21st Century Oncology we treat the whole patient, including the part of you that may be worried about your insurance and how much of your treatment it will cover. Each one of our locations has an Office Financial Counselor on hand, ready to answer your questions and help you with your insurance paperwork.
We accept most insurance plans as well as Medicare Part B, which covers physician services, including radiation therapy. In the case of some insurance providers, you will need a referral from your primary care physician. We will be happy to help you coordinate this and any other documentation you might need to become a 21st Century Oncology patient.
Please contact our customer service hotline at (800) 437-1619 for billing, payment or insurance inquiries.
In the meantime, we have compiled a list of the most common questions we hear from our patients regarding their insurance coverage.
Common Questions About Paying for Treatment
- Do I have a co-pay every time I come in for treatment?
Every insurance company (plan) has a different co-pay requirement. Our Office Financial Counselor can help you figure out when you will need to provide a co-pay and how much it will be, if any.
- What insurance place do you participate with?
We are participating providers in most plans. If you cannot find us listed in your Participating Provider Directory, you can contact the Office Financial Counselor, in each of our offices, or the insurance plan’s Customer Service Department, whose number is listed on your insurance card, to confirm our participation status.
- Will Medicare cover my radiation treatment?
Yes, if you have Medicare Part B. It covers physician services including radiation therapy.
- Do you accept Medicare assignment?
Yes, we accept Medicare assignment, which is the Medicare-approved amount for our services.
- Do I need additional insurance coverage if I have Medicare?
Medicare typically pays 80% of their allowed charge. The patient is responsible for the remaining 20%. Medicare Supplemental insurance – available through many different insurance companies – usually covers the remaining 20%.
- I have a Medicare-HMO. Will it cover my radiation therapy?
We participate in most Medicare-HMO plans. However, the amount covered depends on which HMO plan you have. Our Office Financial Manager can help you determine that coverage amount. Or you can ask your insurance company. There should be a Customer Service center number listed on your insurance card.
- Does 21st Century Oncology accept my insurance plan?
Most likely, yes. We participate in almost all plans. However, if you cannot find us in your plan’s participating provider directory, contact our Office Financial Manager. Or call the Customer Service number on your insurance card.
- Who is responsible for obtaining referrals and/or pre-certification if my insurance plan requires it for radiation therapy services?
If you are in a Managed Care Plan that requires you to have a Primary Care Physician (PCP), you must obtain the referral form from your PCP and bring it to the office on your first visit. If radiation therapy services need to be pre-certified, the Office Financial Manager, in each of our offices, will obtain pre-certification
- Will you submit my insurance claims to my supplemental insurance provider?
Yes, we will be happy to take care of that for you. After your primary insurance provider sends us payment, we will file a supplemental claim on your behalf. Please note that supplemental insurance providers often send the payment to the patient. If we do not receive a payment from them after 60 days, we will assume that they paid you directly and will transfer the balance due to you.